Welcome to the New York City Campaign Finance Board’s NYC Votes Contribute Official Website.
I. YOUR USE OF NYC Votes Contribute
You agree to access and use NYC Votes Contribute only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of NYC Votes Contribute. By accessing NYC Votes Contribute, you agree that you will not:
- use NYC Votes Contribute to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to engage in any conduct which would constitute a criminal offense;
- use NYC Votes Contribute in any way to give rise to civil liability or encourage others to engage in any conduct which would give rise to civil liability;
- use NYC Votes Contribute to impersonate other parties or entities;
- use NYC Votes Contribute to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of NYC Votes Contribute or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses NYC Votes Contribute;
- use NYC Votes Contribute to upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or contractual relationship;
- alter, damage, or delete any content posted on NYC Votes Contribute;
- disrupt NYC Votes Contribute or its servers or networks in any way; or
- claim a relationship with any business, association, or other organization that you are not authorized to claim.
II. YOUR PASSWORDS AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use on NYC Votes Contribute.
- Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify the CFB immediately by emailing CSUmail@nyccfb.info.
III. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
IV. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Service marks and trademarks contained in or displayed on NYC Votes Contribute, and the contents of linked sites operated by third parties, are the property of their respective owners (which may be the CFB). All other design, information, text, graphics, images, pages, interfaces, links, software, and other items and materials contained in or displayed on NYC Votes Contribute, and the selection and arrangements thereof, are the property of the CFB. All rights are reserved.
The CFB respects the intellectual property of others and it asks its users
to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that
constitutes copyright infringement via its display on, or other use by, NYC
Votes Contribute, you may submit a notice pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright
Act ("DMCA") by providing the CFB's Copyright Agent with the following
information in writing:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the CFB to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit the CFB to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- a statement that you (and, if applicable, the person or entity on whose behalf you are acting) have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The CFB's designated Copyright Agent under the DMCA for NYC Votes Contribute is Sue
Ellen Dodell, who can be reached as follows:
Sue Ellen Dodell
New York City Campaign Finance Board
100 Church Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10007
By email: email@example.com
- You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above notice requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- To request permission to use CFB intellectual property located on NYC Votes Contribute or for any other questions about NYC Votes Contribute, please contact CFB by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. LINKS TO SITES OF NON-CFB ENTITIES
NYC Votes Contribute may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are operated by parties other than the CFB. The CFB does not imply approval of the listed destinations, warrant the accuracy of any information set out in those destinations, or endorse any opinions expressed therein. Like NYC Votes Contribute, all other websites operate under the auspices and at the direction of their respective owners who should be contacted directly with questions regarding the content of those sites.
- NYC Votes Contribute AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED AND TRANSMITTED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, CONTENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, FREEDOM FROM INTERRUPTION, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, FREEDOM FROM ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF CONTENT PLACED ON NYC Votes Contribute (WHETHER BY THE CFB OR A THIRD PARTY) INCLUDING ANY OF THE DESIGN, INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, PAGES, INTERFACES, LINKS, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER MATERIALS AND ITEMS CONTAINED IN OR DISPLAYED ON NYC Votes Contribute.
- THE CFB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY WERE FORESEEABLE) THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, NYC Votes Contribute AND/OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON NYC Votes Contribute WHETHER THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON NYC Votes Contribute ARE PROVIDED BY THE CFB OR A THIRD PARTY.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF NYC Votes Contribute IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- CHANGES ARE MADE PERIODICALLY TO THE CITY CHARTER AND MANY CITY LAWS, RULES, FORMS AND SCHEDULES, AND THESE CHANGES MAY OR MAY NOT BE IMMEDIATELY REFLECTED IN THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION PRESENT ON NYC Votes Contribute.
VII. MISCELLANEOUS TERMS
- Nothing contained in or displayed on NYC Votes Contribute or in these Terms constitutes or is intended to constitute legal advice by the CFB or any of its officers, employees, agents, attorneys, or representatives.
- You agree that if the CFB does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which the CFB otherwise has under applicable law), such omission will not be taken to be a formal waiver of the CFB's rights and shall not be construed to be a modification of the Terms.
- If any court of competent jurisdiction rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- The Terms, and your relationship with the CFB under the Terms, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of the State of New York (notwithstanding New York choice-of-law rules). You agree that any and all claims asserted by or against the CFB arising under or related to the Terms shall solely be heard and determined either in the courts of the United States located in the City or County of New York or in the courts of the State of New York located in the City and County of New York.
Copyright 2018 The New York City Campaign Finance Board