Who can register to vote?
To register to vote in New York City, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a New York City resident for at least 30 days
- Be 18 years of age by the end of the year (but you must be 18 on Election Day to vote)
- Not be incarcerated or on parole for a felony conviction
- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere (outside New York City)
NYC Board of Elections: print and mail registration form
Check Registration Status
Not sure if you're registered? Check your registration status at the NYS Board of Elections website.